2.24.2011

Bear music

This week's music trend has been all about bears. Do not even know why but I discovered two bands this week that just so happen to have bear in the title. 

Bear Hands

Two weeks ago I went to go get a haircut (and I never get haircuts. I didn't get one for a year and a half!). Well the haircut ended terribly (I cried for hours) but I guess the one positive thing that came out of it was how the salon was playing Bear Hands the whole time, and that is how I discovered them. I seriously thought they were MGMT at first. As it turns out, they are under the same label as MGMT and have opened for them on several occasions.
Their album Burning Bush Supper Club is a must download. It is a quirky album filled with gritty melodic vocals, catchy beats, distorted heavy guitar lines, and abstract lyrics.

"Tablasaurus"
"Crime Pays"
"High Society"


*oh and this unofficial music video is fucking awesome




Bear In Heaven

I spent the day with my friend Tom to go get coffee and he started to play Bear in Heaven in his car. Ahh god bless his soul for introducing me. I am surprised I never discovered them before. I have been listening to their sophomore album, Beast Rest Forth Mouth, on repeat for the last few weeks. Recently I have become such a sucker for psychedelic progressive indie rock. Open your blinds to the rainy weather outside and blast some Bear In Heaven in your apartment.

"Lovesick Teenagers"
"Dust Cloud"
"You Do You"
"Ultimate Satisfaction"

No comments:

Post a Comment