4.07.2011

Tycho


 Imagine songs that would describe the surreal feeling of floating on waves, flying through clouds, or even just smoking a bowl on a beautiful night. Well to me, this is what Tycho's music reminds me of- complete bliss.
I am excited to say that I will be seeing Tycho this Thursday night at the Independent. My friend Rick introduced me to Tycho one night when he gave me his Bose headphones and told me to listen to this song "The Disconnect".
It was a whole different world! (for the life of me, PLEASE buy a pair. It really does change the quality and the experience of music. No joke!)
Tycho is Scott Hansen who currently lives in San Francisco. He is also a graphic designer (ISO50) who creates whimsical visuals to go with his ambient/downtempo music. I have never seen him before but have heard of nothing but amazing reviews of his live shows. If you are a fan of Boards of Canada, Flying Lotus, Four Tet, or Bonobo then you better take a good listening. Definitely check out his website and listen and look at some of his shit.

the song that made me fall head over heels...



Tycho live visuals test footage from ISO50 on Vimeo.


"The Disconnect"
"Circular Reeducation ft. Jianda"
"Past Is Prologue"
"Cloud Generator"

So I guess I will see there

No comments:

Post a Comment